At Nascot Wood Infant and Nursery School, we are able to provide a range of hot school meals cooked on the premises by Hertfordshire Catering Limited in our school kitchen. Hertfordshire Catering offer a ‘Pupil Choice’ system, that operates on a three weekly menu (which can be downloaded from this page). If your child has an allergy or specific dietary requirement, you can liaise with HCL to discuss your child’s choices. For further details about this service, please visit the HCL website by clicking HERE.
Some parents prefer to provide their child with a packed lunch from home. Please note that due to allergy concerns we are a nut free school and therefore we ask that you refrain from sending children to school with nuts or nut based products e.g. peanut butter sandwiches, cereal bars containing nuts etc
Free School Meals
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible to get a free lunch at school. By registering with Hertfordshire CC, our school could get extra money to help pupils if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and you don’t get more than £16,190 a year)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit.
If you think that you may be eligible to qualify for free school meals please do not hesitate to contact a member of the school office team.